BCL Zine Collection Milestones

This week marks the arrival of many new students to the Brooklyn College campus, but also the departure of two amazing students whom I have grown to appreciate very much, and also depend upon: Robin Potter and Devon Nevola, our summer zine interns.

Robin and Devon

Robin and Devon at Undergraduate Orientation

It has been really wonderful to have Robin and Devon here this summer with me–to explore the city’s zine collections with, to chat with about the future of the collection, and perhaps most importantly, to get to know these two really amazing librarians to-be.

Although both ladies will still be nearby, this week was their last here as Brooklyn College Library zine interns–and they both hold a special place as the very first students of their kind. They will be missed!

My hope is that I can continue to offer zine internships–in the starting stages which we are still working through, and then in the future, with special projects and other adventures.

This week also marks another milestone in the life of the Brooklyn College Library’s Zine Collection: we have been allocated a budget! From this, I hope to start thinking about the way that our browsing collection in the library will be displayed and furnished. Stay tuned for more news as it develops!

About Alycia Sellie

Alycia Sellie is the Associate Librarian for Collections at the Graduate Center Library.
This entry was posted in BCLCollection and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.