Zine Collection Evolution in Progress…

Changes are afoot here in Brooklyn: tomorrow will be my last day in the Brooklyn College Library. I’m moving on, but staying close. I’ll be the new Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian at the Mina Rees Library at the CUNY Graduate Center starting in July.

What does this mean for the zine collection? I’m hoping that it means that there will soon be a new steward who can maintain the current collection that I’ve built and also experiment with new ways that it could be used by Brooklyn College and the wider zine community. The large backlog (a little over 1600 titles) that I’ve amassed will continue to be fully cataloged and will be available in the library (but all that cataloging will still take some time!).

I’m extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to create this collection for CUNY, and further, that this project has been integrated enough into our library that I feel confident that it can thrive under the care of the next librarian to come.

Contact information for the collection and correspondence may take some time to sort out–so please be patient, but also feel free to contact me personally with any questions or inquiries.

Thank you to everyone who has made this collection possible. It has meant a lot to me, and I think I am only able to leave it by looking forward to sharing the wonderful experiences I’ve had with the next zine librarian to champion the collection.

–Alycia Sellie

About Alycia Sellie

Alycia Sellie is the Associate Librarian for Collections at the Graduate Center Library.
This entry was posted in BCLCollection and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.