Call for Working Class Zines

This summer I had a chat with one of my mentors about the zine collection, and she asked me if I had thought about focusing our collection on zines made by, for and about issues that related to being part of the working class.

Although I had already been searching for zines that relate to working class issues and identities, I’d like to be more explicit and ask for help: thus I’m creating this call, so that it might help me to find more of these zines to add to our collection. I have also changed our collection development policy to make working class zines an stated and central part of our collection.

We’ve had some really amazing donations and zines that have been made by our own Brooklyn College students about their experiences living outside of class privilege, and as someone who also grew up in similar outskirts, I’m really hopeful that more folks will get in touch and let me know if they make a zine that tackles working class issues.

Please leave a note, send an email (zinecollection(at)brooklyn.cuny.edu) or leave a comment here if you make or know of a zine that you think would be an important to include in this collection. Thank you!

About Alycia Sellie

Alycia Sellie is the Associate Librarian for Collections at the Graduate Center Library.
This entry was posted in BCLCollection and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.