We recently received Womanimalistic #1, sent by zinester Caroline Paquita (carolinepaquita.com). Womanimalistic is printed on a risograph duplicator, and the resulting blue hand-written content is homey and refreshing. The richly patterned, adorably illustrated contents are full of animal-lady characters. The issue is bisected by an indulgent centerfold. One-page comics and surreal ads include such themes as: love’s beginning and end, pet peeves, punk medical myths, bee-keeping advice, holistic cures, and much more! It’s great to receive such sweet, unique zines, especially when they are made right here in Brooklyn!
About this Site
This site is home to news and information related to the Brooklyn College Library Zine Collection. Our collection began in 2011 and consists of print zines. Our primary focus is upon zines created within or about the borough of Brooklyn, although we also collect other work.
For more information, see About the Collection.
Are you a Brooklyn zine maker? Donate your work!
- kathleen jackson on CUNY Chapfest
- Zaniyah Hardy on Brooklyn Collections: Interference Archive
- http://exhibitionbannerstands.weebly.com/ on The Start of a List of Zines about Immigration and Nationality
- Progressive Books in a Conservative Bookstore | Lost Continent Books on The Occupy Wall Street Library
- » Christmas Round-Up Footenotes on The Way the Lights Went Out: A Hurricane Sandy Benefit
Tagsacademiclibraries Barnard bclzinecollection brooklyn brooklyncollege brooklynzines brooklynzinesters cataloging classvisits collectiondevelopment donations events facultyday Fales fundraising immigration librarians meta narratives news nyc NYCzinelibraries NYPL NYU opening presentations publiclibraries riotgrrrl smallpress spotlight students supportsmallpress teaching temporarylibraries workshop zine.exhibitions zinearchives zinefests zinefieldtrip zineinterns zinelibraries zinelibraryday zinereading zines zinesters